How resilient are you?
Resilient Evil and Resilient Virtue
Quotes, Notes, and More
2. Book. Here is another brief quote is from John Fawcett’s edited book, Stress and Trauma Handbook: Strategies for Flourishing in Demanding Environments (2003—click here to see a book review).
**Don’t be afraid:
a. of being discredited and maligned (v. 26)
b. of being killed (v. 28)
c. of being undervalued and overlooked (v. 31).
a. by confessing Christ without waver (v. 32)
b. by loving Christ more than anyone (37)
c. by taking up our cross and giving your life for Christ (38,39).
5. Music. Two songs by Dougie MacLean.
Reflection and Discussion
1. Give an example of a vitrios human that you know. Which virtues contribute to his/her resiliency?
2. How are virtues and developing virtues related to the fruits of the Spirit and walking in the Sprit (see Galatians 5:22-25)?
3. Discuss the notion of trimangles in terms of your personal or work experience.
4. Is resilient virtue always stronger than resilient evil?
5. Which of the above “notes, quotes, and more” are the most meaningful for you and why?