Monday 22 January 2007

Core Growth for Core Issues

Note:

  • Be sure to see the Blog Description posted 28 December 2006.
  • Also see the topic of the month posted 1 January 2007--Core Issues for Mission/Aid Workers. The core issues (inner issues) we are discussing this month include pessimism, staying centered, focusing on others' interests, forgiveness, drifting, transitional grief, and contentment.
*****
What is one area of core growth that you want to experience as you deal with the challenges of mission/aid life? Examples:
  • Being generous with mercy and forgiveness
  • Letting my difficulties bring out the best in me and not the worst
  • Not giving up regardless of the struggles that I may have
  • Desiring integrity and not just happiness
  • Spending quality time with family/friends in spite of my busy schedule
  • Seeing good and Gods' goodness, in the face of pain, injustice, death
  • Accepting myself more even if I do not reach my goals or if I fail

To make a comment--see instructions from 9 January 2007.

No comments: